The other day I got off the phone with a client who wanted to sign up for services; she had been struggling for months with trying to develop just the right content for her social media platforms. When she finally reached out for help, the conversation went a little like this:
“Shawna, I’ve tried to be creative and put stuff up on my feeds, but then it seems like nothing happens and I don’t get any sales.”
When I asked her how she knew nothing was happening behind-the-scenes, she slowly replied, ” Well…..I just haven’t gotten any orders.”
In working with many types and sizes of businesses I more-often-than-not come across the same thing: individuals who are intimidated about creating their own social media content because they’re afraid to experiment.
Social Marketing Strategist Ted Rubin put it best when he posted:
I always encourage our clients here at MARC Media Squad to be fearless when they throw their social media “spaghetti” at the wall to see what sticks. But with that said, I advise that no matter how much is thrown, it becomes a huge mess if analytics aren’t reviewed at least a monthly.
This concept often has many of my clients perplexed, and so I’ve created a quick-and-dirty list of what (at a minimum) needs to be analyzed:
1. Reach: Is there a particular time of day (or day-of-the-week) where posts get more attention?
2. Engagement: How many likes, shares, and click-throughs are received on each post?
3. Visuals: Which posts get the most views? Are they videos? Infographics? Graphics?
4. Traffic: Which posts lead followers right back to your website?
5. Conversions: How many of the people that land on the website take the actions that you want them to take (ie. signup for a newsletter or make a purchase)?
Social media is full of people who have created and experimented with content, but the trick to being successful on social channels is to review and revise your proverbial spaghetti on a regular basis!
When working with our clients, we encourage that (if they wish) they walk along side us and put up a few of their own posts while we still manage the majority of the content creation. We then educate them monthly on the analytics we’ve pulled from our specialized software on their Return-on-Investment (ROI).
Call one of our Guru’s today in regards to how we can help take your social media to the next level (289.903.0058)