We are very excited that our gorgeous bottles of remarkably sippable vodka are hitting the shelves in ABC Stores in NC. I can think of no better way to inaugurate our rolling retail launch than by sharing how to make The Perfect Martini.
The Martini is a timeless classic, and I’d like to teach you how to make one.
Although the origin of the original martini is unknown, its mark on history is evident. Its easy preparation and contemporary sophistication make it a perfect anytime cocktail.
There are many martini types. But to make The Perfect Martini, one should use vodka (as opposed to gin—the traditional spirit). What’s in a vodka martini? Vodka. It’s that easy.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Cocktail shaker (if you don’t have a shaker, you can make a stirred martini in a pint glass)
- Cocktail strainer
- Jigger (or shot glass)
- Chilled martini glass (kept in freezer for at least one hour)
- Lemon (garnish)
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT MARTINI
- Add 3 oz. of vodka to shaker.
- Fill shaker 3/4 full with ice.
- Shake for 15 seconds.
- Strain into chilled martini glass.
- Add lemon twist.
That’s it! In just five steps and 60 seconds, you can make and enjoy The Perfect Martini in the comfort of your home. 🍸
WHAT MAKES A MARTINI DRY?
As I said, there are many martini types. You’ve probably heard someone order a dry vodka martini and wondered “what is a dry martini?” A dry vodka martini uses vodka and dry vermouth. Vermouth is an aromatized, fortified wine flavored with various botanicals—dry vermouth is one type.
DRY MARTINI RECIPE
- 3 oz. vodka
- 0.5 oz. dry vermouth
At a bar, depending on how much vermouth you want, there are three ways you can order a martini:
- extra dry: no vermouth (maybe a drop or two)
- dry: 6 to 1 vodka/vermouth ratio
- almost equal parts vodka and vermouth
Live socially. Enjoy responsibly.™